Jumat, 05 Februari 2016

1000 Page Views

1000 Page views - A nice little milestone for my little blog. Someone must be reading it!
Hopefully people are finding my wood working journey vaguely interesting maybe even benefiting from my mistakes . So this post is a quick thank you to those few people who regularly drop by the blog and offer me advice, and take the time to comment.
On that note, I would like to ask you all - and yes I have read the forums.
Has anyone who has paid big money and purchased a Lie Nielsen plane had buyers remorse and in hindsight wished they had gone the (much cheaper) refurbed Stanley route?
The reason I ask is I am considering purchasing a LN no#5 with two blades (heavily and slightly cambered) to act as my go to plane for smoothing, roughing, shooting end grain and flattening. I like the idea of being able to reduce the mouth without having to remove the blade each time as they are based on the Stanley Bedrock design. They are however - super expensive!
Later and as funds allow Id also like a LN no#7 and these two planes (no#5 & no#7) would cover almost all my needs.
I do already own new (read - poor quality) Stanley no#4 and no#6, which I might sell.
So what are your thoughts or criticisms on the above ideas?

batare

About batare

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :