Selasa, 02 Februari 2016

Shop Upgrade Weekend

I worked my butt off on the shop this weekend. I ask you please excuse the brevity of this post.
The mostly empty shop.
Because of all the work - and a few purchases - it feels as though the shop progressed more this past weekend than in the two preceding years.
Electric
With a few hours work on Tuesday and Wednesday I finished the 110V wiring in the shop.
So many wonderful outlets.
Floor
Since my family was achoice this past weekend, I took the opportunity to empty the shop and install a floor. I’ll go into more detail in a post dedicated to the shop floor. For now I’ll simply say that it’s nice to have wood under my feet.
I just need to make a threshold and the floor is done.
AC
This was a purchase, rather than an improvement I made (such as the electric & floor). I bought myself a simple window air conditioner after I finished the electric. I installed it last night. This should let me use the shop during the coming heat wave.
Jointer
This purchase was simply an oportunity I couldn’t turn down. The massive old 8” jointer was posted to Craig’s list friday. When I emailed on Saturday it was still availble. Sunday morning I check it out, saw the wonderful care that had been given to all of the tools in its shop and took it home. I have a bit more to do on the shop before I monkey with it, but I can’t wait to set it up and get it running (it was running, I just had to take it apart to move). Hopefully I can get some Infinity Carbide Tipped Jointer Knives to fit it.
Aint she pretty?
That’s all I accomplished this weekend. Hopefully I’ll have another productive one soon. Have you managed to have a productive weekend recently?

batare

About batare

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :